Facebook - Menlo Park, CA: May 2016 to Present (Partner Engineer, Commerce)
- Collaborated with large cross-functional teams across Facebook and Instagram to launch products such as Instagram Checkout, Universal Checkout/Commerce Platform, Daily Deals, and Marketplace Motors + Apartment Rentals.
- Managed third-party commerce integrations from the ground up as founding member of the commerce Partner Engineering team across multiple verticals with various strategic Facebook partners such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Daily Steals, Cars.com, and Apartment List.
- Collaborated with Strategic Partner Managers to lead partner onboardings, platform integrations, and production support for strategic partners
Clever - San Francisco, CA: October 2014 to May 2016 (Developer Relations Manager/Partner Engineer)
- Technical liaison and thought partner to developers, helping them deliver amazing experiences to the K-12 classroom
- Established relationships with teams at some of the largest names in EdTech, such as Scholastic, Instructure, Amazon, and NWEA, to small startups building integrations on the Clever REST API + OAuth2-based platform
- Collaborated with Account Management to lead technical onboardings, integration planning and review, and production support
- Developed processes around integration quality, revising API documentation, assisting in maintenance of community-supported libraries, and serving as technical support contact via ZenDesk.
Cotap - San Francisco, CA: March 2014 to August 2014 (Senior Software Engineer)
- Designed cloud-based infrastructure on Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, and CloudFormation in a DevOps role.
- Integrated logging infrastructure for higher visibility across services
Inkling - San Francisco, CA: October 2011 to March 2014 (Web Operations Engineer)
- Built and maintained services powering the cloud-based publishing environment, and online reading experience
- Developed internal tools such as deployment dashboards, monitoring, and metrics-gathering systems to increase engineering productivity and platform visibility. Simplified automation using tools such as Jenkins CI and Puppet.
- Participated in on-call rotation to ensure service reliability
- Quality Engineer responsible for maintaining test automation suites and QA processes on features such as REST API, Apex, Streaming API (CometD), and SOAP APIs on both Salesforce Knowledge and the Force.com API
- Mentored new hires and participate in technical job interviews for new candidates
- Empowered teammates as Scrum Master on Salesforce Knowledge team through the use of in-house agile project management process
Junction Solutions – Lincolnshire, IL: June 2007 to October 2008 (Senior Consultant)
- Responsible for client consultation, project management, software design, QA, and support using customized Microsoft Dynamics AX Multi-Channel Retail ERP vertical
- Evangelized Test-Driven Development using xUnit-style framework built into MorphX IDE
- Designed and tested Wireless Warehouse inventory management system and developed end-user training
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: May 2007
Bachelor of Science - General Engineering
Concentration: Engineering Administration, Technology Commercialization
Skills and Achievements
Tools & platforms: NodeJS, Redis, MongoDB, git, Selenium. Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, bash.
Awards: 1st Place, Toastmasters International Speech Contest Area E1 (Spring 2013, Spring 2014); Toastmasters "Money Talks" Club Speaker of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014); 2nd Place, Change.org “Hack For Change” hackathon (June 2011)